As part of Good Neighbors International Philippines’ humanitarian response to the COVID-19 health crisis, the organization launched a health emergency response in the middle of March 2020 with the following objectives:
1. To protect the frontliners, marginalized children and families, and the vulnerable communities against COVID-19.
2. Help improve the health care system of its partner health agencies through the provision of essentials like facemasks, gloves, alcohol, thermal scanners, tents, and among others.
These objectives are aligned with the overarching goal of the government in addressing the pressing health problem of the nation. To date, the organization has provided a number of protective masks, gloves, alcohols, and other COVID-19 essentials to the frontliners in the 11 Community Development Project (CDP) areas across the country.
Specifically, GNIP has provided support to:
a. 5, 088 frontliners
b. 81 barangays/villages
c. 9 Rural Health Units/Stations
d. 5 hospitals
e. 3 Municipal Social Welfare and Development Offices (MSWDO)
f. 3 Municipal Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Offices (MDRRMO) g. 3 Philippine National Police (PNP) Offices at the Municipal level
h. Local Government Unit of Quezon City i. Philippine Coast Guard
j. Department of Health
We also want to take this opportunity to thank all our generous donors who have supported the Good Neighbors Philippines (PHL) donation drive in support of affected families and frontliners. Through your generosity, we have been able to provide 618 food packs for the vulnerable families in Brgy. Bagong Silangan.
Thank you to the following organizations/companies who have provided us in-kind donations:
• Federation of Filipino Chinese Chambers of Commerce & Industry Inc. (FFCCCII)
• Jollibee Group Foundation
• Odyssey Foundation (CDO Foodsphere Inc)
• Mega Global Corporation
And Cash Donations from:
• Individual Donors who donated through bank deposits and online partners, LAZADA, SHOPEE & PAYMAYA
Keep supporting our donation drive as we continue to save lives and respond to the needs of children, communities, and frontliners. Your support is invaluable to us!