Video Editor is generally responsible for editing and assembling recorded raw material into a suitable, finished product ready for posting/broadcasting. The material may include camera footage, dialogue, sound effects, graphics and special effects.
- Analyze and implement the creative direction/s of the organization
- Execute the branding guidelines for a certain medium and platform
- Develop a creative brief for video productions
- Conceptualize and prepare a storyboard for presentation purposes
- Create and revise production scripts for short-form and long-form videos
- Manipulate and edit film pieces in a way that is invisible to the audience
- Capture studio-quality photographs and video
- Work both on and off-site
- Manage and oversee all technical aspects of video recording and editing
- Regularly collaborate with marketing team
- Follow the company’s brand guidelines
- Present to senior management
- Develop an overall video brand messaging strategy
- Take a brief to grasp production team’s needs and specifications
- Demonstrate proficiency in using equipment for photo/video shooting i.e. DSLR, tripod/monopod, microphone, cable connections, and other accessories.
- Ability to perform indoor and outdoor shooting with minimal resources and supervision
- Execute the video shooting requirements in the production script
- Ability to convert new and existing files in any video format
- Review shooting script and raw material to create a shot decision list based on scenes’ value and contribution to continuity
- Trim footage segments and put together the sequence of the film
- Input music, dialogues, graphics and effects
- Create rough and final cuts
- Build and organize the filing system for video production.
- Ensure logical sequencing and smooth running
- Consult with stakeholders from production to post-production process
- Continuously discover and implement new editing technologies and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency.
Other Vital Functions
- Carry any other duties as may be directed by the Social Development Manager
- Participate in all company activities such as but not limited to seminars, trainings, outing, et.al.
- Report to Immediate Head within 24 hours any untoward incidents that occurred/witnessed within assigned work location/station and/or during working hours that might jeopardize the organization and/or employee’s operation/reputation
- Adhere to the Rules & Regulation set by the company and ensures confidentiality of all transaction/s and/or information at all times.
Personal Relationship Attitude (PRA)
- Always maintain a positive and “CAN DO” attitude towards job, company, its policies and clients.
- Work pleasantly well and maintain professionalism in dealing with co-employees, superiors, clients, sponsored child and entire community as a whole.
- Is responsive to advice, suggestions and even to constructive criticisms of superiors.
- Carry out duties faithfully and diligently to the very best of your ability and comply with the instruction of your Immediate Head.
- Act with self-control, courtesy, honesty and maturity at all times.
- Updated and timely submission of the tasks
- Timely execution of scheduled tasks
- Contribution to the development of projects, procedures, cost saving(s) measure, etc.
- Successfully handles multiple demands from superiors
- Follow through and immediate feedback of assigned tasks
- Confidentiality of Information
- Code of Conduct/Sanction Implementation and Adherence to company policies, protocol and/or processes
- Employee Attendance Target (No Habitual Tardiness and/or Unauthorized Absences)
- Cleanliness and Orderliness in working area
- Willingness to take additional tasks/assignment
- Bachelor’s degree in Broadcasting, Film, Multimedia Arts or relevant field of study
- Proven work experience as a Video Editor for at least 3 years
- Solid experience with digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Avid
- Media Composer, Lightworks, Premiere, After Effects and Final Cut)
- Demonstrable video editing ability with a strong portfolio
- Thorough knowledge of timing, motivation and continuity
- Familiarity with special effects, 3D and compositing
- Creative mind and storytelling skills
- Good time-management skills
- Great interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficient in Final Cut Pro X, Adobe After Effects
- Knowledge and a good understanding of motion graphics is preferred.
Be part of our growing community and make a difference in the lives of children! Interested applicants may send their cover letter explaining their interests in joining an NGO and updated and detailed resume to HR@goodneighbors.ph, following this format to be placed in the subject line (<vacancy code><position title><last name>).
Visit full terms of reference here.