Finance Manager oversees the entire finance unit operation and is responsible for budgetary control and management to ensure effective and efficient utilization of resources in line with GNIP policies and procedures.
- Develop, implement and enforce business processes in compliant with financial policies and legal obligations.
- Oversee the entire operation of finance unit, both GNIP and GNPHL.
- Responsible in bookkeeping, management of organizations cash flow, budget and forecasting, and manage and implement internal controls.
- Validate all fund requests of all CDPs and Head Office in Docswave.
- Validate the cheques prepared by the HO finance staff.
- Monitors the weekly carry over budget report.
- Monitors all designated funds execution.
- Prepares the monthly analysis report.
- Acts as administrator and secondary verifier for the online fund transfer verification BDO Business Online Banking.
- Acts as administrator and secondary verifier for Bancnet Banking
- Update and finalize quickbooks and check all recorded transactions based on finance monitoring
- Consolidates all financial report of CDPs and prepare reports for submission to the Country Director and Asia Regional Office
- Facilitates approval of hard copy documentation based on the approve settlement reports of Head Office and PHL
- Review compliance monitoring and recommends issuance of sanctions for non-compliant staff
- Coach, train and guide subordinates to ensure proper execution of assigned tasks
- Carry out tasks as part of the Bidding Committee.
- Carry any other duties as may be directed by the Country Director
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, or related field, such as Accounting, or Business.
- Preferably a Certified Public Accountant
- Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience in finance-related positions, such as Finance Manager, Financial Analyst, or Accountant
- Knowledge of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
- Proficient in MS applications
- Strong communication skills – written and verbal
- Able to manage a team, prioritize tasks, manage issues and produce results in a timely manner
- Highly analytical
- Can work well under pressure and with minimal supervision
- Team player
- With at least 3 years’ experience with NGO’s or INGO in the Philippines
- Good language and writing skills;
- Ability to think critically and work independently; and
- Sensitive and adaptive towards culture, gender, religion, race, nationality, and age.
Good Neighbors Philippines has a zero tolerance to any harm or sexual exploitation and abuse against any beneficiaries (or program participants). Safeguarding and Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) is everyone’s shared responsibility and all GN employees and partners are required to adhere to GN’s Code of Conduct both during and outside working hours. Familiarization with and adherence to the GN Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct is an essential requirement of all employees and partners, in addition to related mandatory training. All employees and partners must ensure that they understand and act in accordance with this clause.
Visit full terms of reference here.