Good Neighbors Philippines Sector is seeking to hire medical consultants with strong adolescent sexual and reproductive health (ASRH) experience. She/he will support the development of guidelines on the provisions of ASRH in primary health care settings. He/she will also be responsible for developing ASRH Information, Education, and Communication (IEC) material and medical guidelines to be used by community and health teams to enhance ASRH in Community Development Project Areas
Conduct the necessary assessment, data collection, and revisit the updated guidelines WHO, DOH, and other academic and international institutions’ guidelines on ASRH and develop adolescent-friendly, high-quality health guidance packages that include the following topics:
- Guidelines for healthy development and growth in male and female adolescents and for identification and management of developmental problems when they occur.
- Guidelines on comprehensive sexual education.
- Guidelines on the management of adolescent pregnancy/ First 1000 days
- Guidelines on healthy pregnancy and the Postpartum period.
- Guidelines on family planning in adolescents.
- Guidelines based on the standard operating procedures available for safe identification and referral in cases related to gender-based violence (GBV), and mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS).
- Guidelines on prevention and management of STDs, including HIV.
- The provision of information, advice, counseling, and clinical services aimed at promoting health and preventing health problems and problem behaviors in adolescents
- Design, prepare and plan for the delivery of training sessions on ASRH packages to two separate audiences: GNIP Staff, Health care professionals (HCPs), and community health workers (CHWs).
- Prepare and deliver pre and post-tests for the training.
- MD with a specialty in OBS/GYN/Endocrinology/Family medicine.
- More than 5 years of experience related to ASRH. Certificate or equivalent training in ASRH and or SBCC
- Demonstrated experience leading technical learning, documentation, and knowledge management in ASRH projects both clinic and community-based public health programs.
- Demonstrated experience developing global ASRH program tools and guidance.
- Proven technical writing experience.
- Previous experience in delivering training in humanitarian settings.
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Previous NGO experience is a plus.
Visit full terms of reference here.