Education and Child Protection Assistant will be responsible in facilitating community planning, conduct of community meetings, conceptualizing project plans/proposals, handle and organize children and youth groups, among others.
- Provide technical and administrative support in the conduct and management of education and child protection programs and activities.
- Assist in developing project concepts, strategies, plans, and directions related to education and child protection
- Monitor the implementation of project activities pertaining to the administration and development of project activities of the education and child protection component.
- Prepare reports/documentation reports/project reports and revise the same as may be required observing deadlines;
- Assist in preparing work schedules, deadlines, and goals;
- Coordinate with relevant government agencies in implementing programs/projects;
- Attend Good Neighbors Philippines institutional activities (i.e., weekly devotion) as may be required;
- Maintain overall upkeep and orderliness of the assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Community Development, Social Work and other related courses
- Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience with NGO’s or INGO’s or GO in community development/organizing and education sector;
- Familiar with education issues and education system in the Philippines e.g., K to 12, ALS, TESDA and so forth;
- Demonstrated good facilitation and community organizing skills, presentation, and communication;
- Basic computer knowledge and use of Microsoft Office applications e.g., Word, Excel, PPT;
- Excellent communication skills
- Good proposal writing skills
- Ability to think critically and work independently
- Sensitive and adaptive towards culture, gender, religion, race, nationality, and age.
Good Neighbors Philippines has zero tolerance to any harm or sexual exploitation and abuse against any beneficiaries (or program participants). Safeguarding and Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) and Sexual Harassment is everyone’s shared responsibility and all GN employees and partners are required to adhere to GN’s Code of Conduct both during and outside working hours. Familiarization with and adherence to the GN Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct is an essential requirement of all employees and partners, in addition to related mandatory training. All employees and partners must
ensure that they understand and act in accordance with this clause.
Visit full terms of reference here.