Child Protection and Community Volunteers Staff will provide technical leadership to create a measurable, concrete and attainable guidelines in the development of programs and services for child protection. Furthermore, the essential responsibilities are as follows:
Conduct the necessary assessment, data collection, and revisit the updated guidelines WHO, DOH, and other academic and international institutions’ guidelines on ASRH and develop adolescent-friendly, high-quality health guidance packages that include the following topics:
- Provide technical advice on sectoral areas of child participation,community-based approach to child protection/rights, and strengthening protection services.
- Provide support to the development of proposals, capacity building, program strategy, advocacy initiatives, and research related to child protection.
- Oversee programs and services related to CDPs partners/volunteers to initiate capacitation of child rights advocacy.
- Responsible for the implementation of child safeguarding policies and child protection programs
- Assist in the implementation of organizations’ child protection policy and PSEA.
- Encourage good practice of child protection policies and procedures
- Raises awareness of the Code of Conduct for working with children, parents, partners, volunteers, etc.
- Respond appropriately to disclosures and concerns related to the well-being of sponsored children
- Maintain confidential records or reported cases and actions taken, if any.
- Create, revise and review the current guidelines and procedures for volunteers, special protection/child protection.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work, Community Development, or Social Sciences.
- At Least 1-year of work experience in the same field; work experience in an International NGO (INGO) is a plus.
- Demonstrate ability to set and achieve objectives and deadlines
- Know the basics of MS office applications like excel, word, PowerPoint, and databases.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexible, adaptable, and able to work effectively in a variety of settings.
- Patient in accommodating the behavior of a wide range of people.
- Highly organized, with good attention to detail, and develop an ability to prioritize multiple tasks to meet tight deadlines
- Knowledgeable of the services available in the community.
- Has passion for implementing child safeguarding policies and child protection programs.
- Has strong and good listening skills and can deal with sensitive cases with integrity
- Has excellent judgement in managing situations relating to poor conduct/behavior towards children.
- Licensed Social Worker is an advantage
Visit full terms of reference here.