Spearhead GNIP Community development projects in Gigmoto, Catanduanes Field Office, including but not limited to planning, project implementations, monitoring and evaluation, networking and partnership, and general administration of the community location.
- Lead community development projects (Education, Health Sponsorship management, Disaster Risk Reduction, Income Generation etc.) by managing field staff.
- Support planning on annual plan of action (budget, activities) project proposal.
- Close communication with head office on field office management.
- Lead in developing and executing GNIP project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements;
- Prepare reports and documents as required, including monthly, quarterly and annual progress reports;
- Ensure quality and timely submission of monthly project plans and achievement reports.
- Facilitate annual review and planning with stakeholders.
- Contribute to the formulation of organizational strategy and mandate
II. PROJECT IMPLEMENTATION
- Manage project operation and budget execution.
- Assist a special grant project.
- Provide managerial and technical inputs and guidance required for the implementation of project activities;
- Ensure the successful and timely implementation of projects and other activities in the assigned area in collaboration with the Department Managers of GNI Head Office, Managing Director and Country Director.
- Provide guidance to Field Staff and Volunteers in the implementation of project activities.
III. MONITORING AND EVALUATION
- Visit barangays and sitios for monitoring, participate / organize joint monitoring with project team partners;
- Leads in the monitoring and evaluation of the community project and ensures that systems are in place to support the quality implementation of community projects.
- Ensures the development of good practice by supporting the development of strong M&E mechanisms and identify gaps in the standards project implementation.
IV. NETWORKING & PARTNERSHIP
- Network development with LGU, schools, communities, and donors.
- Coordinate and establish partnership with Government and Non-Government organizations in the community;
- Coordinate and maximize available external resources or partners counter parting for project implementation.
- Collaborate with existing NGA’s and other stakeholders within the community and nearby municipalities and cities for project implementation.
V. ADMINISTRATION & SUPERVISION
- Manage HR and general affair issues in the field office.
- Strengthen transparency and accountability in all aspects of staff performance and enforce code of conducts/ethics.
- Oversee the effective and efficient administration of Field Office operation in collaboration with the Head Office Manager and Officer;
- He/she shall oversee all finance and accounting functions including budgeting; asset management; cash flow management; management reporting; financial, variance and accounts analysis of the Field Office.
- Budget Monitoring, Asset Monitoring such as vehicle, supplies, documents, etc.
- He/she shall ensure that procurement and administration policies and procedures are adhered
- Ensures that regular and financial reports are reviewed and approved to be submitted to Head Office.
- Process and comply with legal requirements needed for the field office like business permits, DSWD accreditation etc.
- Oversee FO employees in relation to human resource management, sees to it that all policies are properly followed.
- He/she shall carry any other duties as may be directed by the Managing Director and Country Director.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Social Work, Community Development, or Social Sciences Course.
- Master’s Degree or unit in Social Sciences is an advantage
- If Bachelor’s degree at least 5 (five) years’ experience and if Master’s degree with three (3) years’ experience.
- With 10 to 15 years’ experience in community development.
- With minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in leadership.
- Systematic knowledge of the principles of management, including program planning and budgeting.
- Relevant training on Community Development; Program/ Project Management;
- Participatory Rapid Urban/Rural Appraisal; Child Protection; Enterprise and Livelihood Development; and Human Rights
- Preferably with experience in NGO and international development projects.
- Transparency and accountability in terms of finance and HR.
- Leadership, communication, project management.
- Willingness to accept relocation or travel.
- A proven record of excellent management, leadership, decision-making and interpersonal skills
- Understanding and experience of the techniques and skills required for effective project management
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to successfully manage relationships to achieve goals
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
Visit full terms of reference here.