The Social and Behavioral Change Communication (SBCC) on Maternal and Child Health Nutrition (MCHN) Project Manager is responsible for the project cycle management of the special project in Guiuan, Eastern Samar.
Project Cycle Management
- Provide technical direction to define SBCC approaches and activities to mainstream the promotion of optimal MCHN behaviors
- Build the capacity of partners and healthcare workers in SBCC, including organizing SBCC Training of Trainers, education sessions, and awareness campaigns in accordance with project requirements. and providing regular technical guidance and support for the government.
- Provide oversight to the SBCC program components, including undertaking field visits to partners to oversee the implementation
- Responsible for efficient project cycle management from implementing to monitoring the activities, budget, and achievement of the indicators.
- Facilitate and support community women groups in conducting education sessions and awareness campaigns, information sessions for pregnant women including topics on the First 1000 days (1kD).
- Support project advocacy and development of IEC materials.
- Represent the MCHN promotion activities in partnership with the district and village health authorities as well as the various coordination bodies.
- Organize and conduct meetings with local government representatives to keep track of issues hampering the routine process of basic health services for mothers and children.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual reports with emphasis
- Adhere to the Child Safeguarding Policy and report
- Candidates must possess at least Bachelor’s/College Degree in Nursing or equivalent social sciences and other relevant qualifications.
- At least 3 to 5 years of relevant professional experience in the health/public health sector based on improving health care for mothers and children.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in implementation of MCH projects with international NGOs.
- Experience in capacity building and community development.
- Excellent understanding of health problems/issues in the area.
- Good report writing skills.
- Well-developed leadership skills and ability to work under minimum supervision
- Excellent understanding of outreach and communication strategies at the community level.
- Computer literacy (software packages: MS Word, Excel, Power Point) is a must.
Good Neighbors Philippines has a zero tolerance to any harm or sexual exploitation and abuse against any beneficiaries (or program participants). Safeguarding and Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) is everyone’s shared responsibility and all GN employees and partners are required to adhere to GN’s Code of Conduct both during and outside working hours. Familiarization with and adherence to the GN Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct is an essential requirement of all employees and partners, in addition to related mandatory training. All employees and partners must ensure that they understand and act in accordance with this clause.
Visit full terms of reference here.