Finance Staff will assist the Finance Department Head (HO) in processing various finance
and accounting transactions in the GNIP Field Office.
- Handle Community Development Project (CDP) Bookkeeping
- Review all relative documents for approval in DocsWave
- Review Request for Payment (RFP), liquidations, cash advances, journal vouchers, etc.
- Check and journal voucher preparation
- Undertake all financial documentary management in the CDP
- Scanning of all financial documents (DV & JV)
- Petty cash custodian and replenishment
- Handles Business Permits and bank transactions
- Monitor book and bank balance
- Review and validates Daily Time Record
- Carry any other duties as may be directed by the Finance Unit Officer
- Participate in all company activities such as but not limited to seminars, trainings, outing, et.al.
- Report to Immediate Head within 24 hours any untoward incidents that occurred/witnessed within assigned work location/station and/or during working hours that might jeopardize the organization and/or employee’s operation/reputation
- Adhere to the Rules & Regulation set by the company and ensures confidentiality of all transaction/s and/or information at all times.
- Ensure accuracy of Report and safe keeping of essential attachments and/or documents in line with the project implementation such as but not limited to receipts, sales invoice and acknowledgement letters.
- Liaise with banks and other government agencies as needed.
- Keep records of projects funds and expenditure and ensure all project-related financial documentation is well maintained and readily available when required.
- Graduate of at least, a Bachelor’s degree in accounting, management or other relevant degrees.
- Preferably with at least (2) years of relevant experience with an international NGO (in the areas of finance and admin)
- Preferably knowledgeable in Quickbooks.
- Keen on details (especially with numbers and deadlines)
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality concerning the organizations’ financial files/records.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with a team.
Visit full terms of reference here.